29 Jan 2010

Athletes Foot



A funny thing has happened to me as 2009 has become 2010. For over 10 years I never wore, or even considered wearing, Nike trainers. Its not like I had been boycotting them for some ethical reason and fashion principle. It was that I bought a pair many moons ago and took absolutely no wear or tear and felt apart like trainer I had ever owned. Since that pair I had never went back.

I now have 3 pairs and am looking to buy another pair. Here is my story:

In November I bought a really swell pair of these chunky Adidas Forum Mids....



However, it was a bad time to invest in such chunkiness as I was recovering from a busted ankle and they just felt right. So I took them back and broke that 10 year cycle of no Nike. For these super bouncy similarly black n white Nike Pegasus...



Within a month I had my second pair. Mrs Pontiac surprised with these monster Air Force Max 1 on Xmas Day. My cautious response to their size was overcome by some street pounding coupled with new thicker socks...



With my second pair sitting in the bedroom my 3rd pair were ordered from Crooked Tongue on Boxing Day. When I first saw them in Size? I laughed at the shag carpet swoosh but I kept checking them out and their Marty McFly chique with phat tongue meant I had my first pair of Nike Air Jordans...



And now I am at a crossroads. I want to buy a different brand next but my attention is being swung towards this lurvly red Nike Dunks....



But fighting for my feet are these glorious Adidas ZX 600. They look very comfy, that dash and sweep of green is very enticing and they're black is the color I am strangely attracted to at the mo'....



Aaaah but then again I have seen a New York Knicks color themed pair of Adidas Forums. The problems of a thirty something man eh.

No comments: