25 Feb 2009

The Rise Of The Electrons


Last May my team, Man Utd, won the European Cup for the third time, the second under Fergie and the first since 1999. It was one of the most exhausting nights of my life but the moment we won was like a bolt of joyous electricity pulsing through my spirit.

This May I would hope that Utd will be there again and win again. However, should that not happen I am glad to know that I will still have access to series of electric tickles.

May 26th (which also happens to be the 10th anniversary of Fergie's first Euro Cup triumph) will see new albums released by Black Moth Super Rainbow (pictured above) and The Field.

I first heard of BMSR through my favourite blog, Covert Curiosity. Pretty much a psychedelic Boards of Canada filtered through a caleidoscope. Immediately ordered their album, Dandelion Gum, which turned out to be a pretty stunning journey through the green, orange and purple districts of Pennsylvania. BMSR have released a taster of the album which I have included below.

The Field is another find through Covert (see links). The sort of ambient technoscapes which put so many people off is something I like, in moderation. It reminds me off simpler time when techno could be warm, cool and danceable without fearing the sight of big fish, little fish, mickey mouse gloves or Guardian reviews. No taster of the new Field album yet but thought I would include one of the more ambient tracks from his previous album, From Here We Go Sublime.

Maydaze.

BMSR - Eating Us Pieces

The Field - The Deal

No comments: